This pregnancy has brought on a whole new set of cravings completely different from my pregnancy with Nugget. With her all I wanted to eat was french fries, ice cream, and cake donuts with chocolate milk. Now I admit I still have a sweet tooth, and I want to indulge at times with a treat like some of the ones below, but I am happy to report that this time around my cravings are a bit healthier.
In the early part I could not get enough broccoli, and protein in any form is what I still crave the most, but now we are over halfway to the finish line and I think I could eat my weight in strawberries. I guess it is a good thing they are coming in season and on sale at our local grocery store. So, I stocked up on this weeks 3 for $5 sale on strawberries.
Now for the most part I want them fresh out the carton, washed, and as a side with breakfast. Even frozen and blended in a smoothie will give me my strawberry fix, but with all these strawberries around it has got me thinking about some of my go to treats made with strawberries. I figured since I was already making a list of treats to make why not share it with all of you.
So without further ado, here are my TOP 5 recipes to make with strawberries…
- EASY STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ROLLS – These are a hubby favorite.
- EASY STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ROLLS – I used low fat vanilla greek yogurt and whole milk because it was what I had on had, but they still turned out perfect!
- SWEET STRAWBERRY COBBLER– Only 5 ingredients and you have a delicious dessert.
- HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE – Perfect for Bagels or a stuffed french toast
- HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY FRUIT ROLLUPS – These are Nugget’s favorite. I usually double the amount of strawberries and add sugar to taste (about 4-5 TBS) for a larger batch.
I mentioned freezing strawberries, and I love doing this for smoothies, so I wanted to give you all a BONUS RECIPE and share how I make my favorite STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE .
- Throw a peeled banana, about 4-5 frozen or fresh strawberries, a container of low-fat vanilla greek yogurt, a handful of baby spinach, some ice, and a splash of water into a blender. Blend until smooth, pour in your favorite glass, and enjoy. You could also pour this mixture into Popsicle molds, or these Zipzicle (aff link) ice pop pouches, for a cool summer treat.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites
So what are some of your favorite strawberry recipes? Share below or give some of these a try and tell me what you think. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for more fun and informative post.